How to Feed Kids
Expert advice on helping kids stay healthy through healthy eating and healthy cooking.
How do I help my overweight child lose weight healthfully?
The best way to help a child move toward a normal weight if he or she is overweight is for the whole family to adopt a healthy lifestyle, says pediatrician Mary Ellen Renna, M.D., author of Growing Up Healthy the Next Generation Way: Add Years to Your Child's Life & Life to Your Child's Years (SelectBooks, 2007). Everyone should eat lots of fruits and vegetables and exercise regularly, she says. “Never target one child to lose weight while the other children are eating junk.”
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)