Helpful Tips for Common Digestive Problems
Help for common digestive problems, from lactose intolerance to irritable bowl syndrome.
"It’s interesting how many of the illnesses we may experience are related to our digestive system. A lot of it is due to the things we eat, especially processed foods that contain a lot of harmful chemicals and preservatives that...
IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Symptoms include abdominal pain, erratic bowel activity (frequent constipation or diarrhea), bloating, nausea and cramping. The cause of IBS isn’t known. You’ll want to avoid trigger foods—dairy foods* and alcohol are two common ones. It may also help to take a fiber supplement or other therapy to treat diarrhea.
*Note: Talk with your healthcare provider about other possible causes for your discomfort (e.g., lactose intolerance) before eliminating dairy products—which are good sources of calcium and protein—from your diet.Next: Hemorrhoids »
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)