Helpful Tips for Common Digestive Problems
Help for common digestive problems, from lactose intolerance to irritable bowl syndrome.
"It’s interesting how many of the illnesses we may experience are related to our digestive system. A lot of it is due to the things we eat, especially processed foods that contain a lot of harmful chemicals and preservatives that...
If your stool is difficult to pass, hard or infrequent (i.e., you have fewer than three bowel movements per week), you may be constipated. Helpful hints: Boost your intake of fiber, which adds bulk to stool, making it easier to pass. Drinking plenty of liquids and exercising also help. If you have a hard time getting enough fiber in your diet, consider a fiber supplement.Next: Irritable Bowl Syndrome »
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)