Are Your Tummy Ills All in Your Head?
Stress may be causing your stomach ache. Find foods to help.
Fatty fish: Stress can trigger an increase in compounds called cytokines that promote inflammation, which can worsen digestive ills. Eating more EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)—two omega-3 fats found most commonly in oily fish, such as salmon, herring and sardines—can help relieve inflammation linked to tummy troubles, according to a 2005 Scandinavian Journal of Nutrition study.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)