Are Your Tummy Ills All in Your Head?
Stress may be causing your stomach ache. Find foods to help.
Luckily, science suggests that, when stress strikes, reaching for certain foods can soothe your psyche and your “stomach.” Here are three to get things back on track:
Oatmeal: This comforting grain is packed with fiber, which helps regulate digestion—slowing things down when they’re moving too fast and speeding things up when they’re sluggish. The fiber in oatmeal also guards against dips in blood glucose that can leave you cranky and lethargic.Next Food to Get Your Stomach Back on Track: Yogurt »
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)