Healthy Holiday Eating for Diabetes
7 tips for having a healthy diabetes-friendly holiday meal.
4. Bring your own.
If you’re going to an event where you know the foods served will be a challenge for you, offer to bring along your own dish to share. Consider a vegetable-based dish that contains little or no carbohydrate, so you can enjoy it freely. If you’ll be staying over for the holidays—say, at Mom’s—bring breakfast and lunch items to help you start your days on the right track.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)