9 Snacks to Stash in Your Desk Drawer
Healthy snack ideas to help you manage diabetes.
"don't you need to refrigerate string cheese? "
Whether it’s a mid-morning or a mid-afternoon snack you’re craving, don’t blow it by cramming down junk. Try these ideas to keep yourself on a healthy track.
* Whole-wheat crispbreads (3 or more grams of fiber/serving)
* 3-ounce pouches of water-packed tuna
* Natural peanut or other nut butter
* 1-ounce bags of peanuts or almonds
* Small (8-ounce) cans of low-sodium mixed-vegetable juice
* Single-serving packets of trail mix
* Reduced-fat string cheese sticks
* Apples, oranges, pears, bananas, kiwis or “single-serving” fruits
* Single-serving boxes of unsweetened whole-grain cereals