New Foods for Cholesterol Protection
Meet the so-called "functional" foods featuring cholesterol-lowering plant sterols and stanols.
From smart margarines to chocolate bars, these “functional” foods, featuring cholesterol-lowering plant sterols and stanols, have been developed to help combat high LDL “bad” cholesterol. They are among a growing list of products marketed to consumers concerned about heart health.
If you choose to sample any of the products listed here, keep in mind that all carry a dose of calories along with their heart healthy features.
* Benecol Regular and Light Spreads
* Take Control Regular and Light Spreads
* Smart Balance Omega Plus Buttery Spread
* Minute Maid Premium Heart Wise orange juice
* Nature Valley Healthy Heart Chewy Granola Bars
* Yoplait Healthy Heart Yogurt
* Rice Dream Heartwise Rice Drink
* Lifetime Low Fat Cheese
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)