Whole foods and great recipes for a healthy heart.
See It, Make It: Quick Avocado Recipes
Hearty Barley Recipes
Quick & Budget-Friendly Suppers with Canned Beans
Our Best Healthy Blueberry Recipes
Easy Healthy Oats Recipes
Quick and Healthy Low-Cholesterol Recipes and Menus
The monounsaturated fats in avocados have been found to lower “bad” LDLs and raise “good” HDLs, especially in people with mildly elevated cholesterol.
• Slice avocados into sandwiches and salads or mash with garlic, lemon juice and salsa for a terrific guacamole.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)