6 Easy Ways to Cut Sodium
Tips for reducing salt in your diet.
"I have been reducing the sodium content in my diet for over six years now. In January 2004, I was diagnosed with Lupus and ended up having kidney failure. As a result, I took on the challenge of living on an extremely low (to no) sodium...
Ever wonder why store-bought frozen pizza or grandma’s beloved canned-soup-based green bean casserole tastes so good? The common denominator in these favorites and many other processed foods is salt – and lots of it. If too much sodium is an issue in your diet, step one in reducing your intake is to do less outsourcing and more of your own cooking—as we do every day in the EatingWell test kitchens. Here, a few rules we follow that can help you lose your own salt tooth. Download a FREE Low-Sodium Dinner Recipes Cookbook!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)