6 Easy Ways to Cut Sodium
Tips for reducing salt in your diet.
"I have been reducing the sodium content in my diet for over six years now. In January 2004, I was diagnosed with Lupus and ended up having kidney failure. As a result, I took on the challenge of living on an extremely low (to no) sodium...
2. Choose convenience foods wisely.
Opt for frozen (unsauced) vegetables over canned—and when you can’t, seek out low or reduced-sodium varieties. Rinse the foods in a colander before using to get rid of some of the salt. Cut back or eliminate additional salt in a recipe that calls for canned goods.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)