8 Great Ways to Lower Blood Pressure: Sodium Aside
Focus on what you can do right now—plus try some low-sodium recipes.
5. Learn to love legumes. Beans, nuts and seeds are rich in magnesium, which contributes to maintaining healthy blood pressure. Aim for 4 to 5 servings (1/2 cup of beans or 1 ounce of nuts/seeds) a week.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)