What are you in the mood for tonight—Italian? Mexican? Chinese? Hold the phone! Takeout is tempting, but instead of ordering out (again) you can make a tastier, healthier dinner that will satisfy your craving and be ready in the same amount of time it would take to find the restaurant menu, decide what everyone wants, dial, order and wait.
When I sent an office email to gather staff picks from the September/October issue of EatingWell, I was hoping at least two or three of my busy colleagues would take a minute to write back. But it turned out the issue was so enthusiastically received that I have 9 favorite recipes to share with you.
Don’t be fooled by the book title. The FastDiet (Atria, 2013), by Dr. Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer, doesn’t call for a total fast—or eating quickly. Also known as the 5:2 diet, it has you adopt a lifelong pattern of fasting two days a week and being “gloriously free from calorie counting” for five days. On those two fasting days, you can eat 500 or 600 calories—for women and men, respectively.
By Jessie Price, Editorial Director for EatingWell Magazine
This quinoa veggie burger recipe is a meat-lover’s burger: toasted pecans, mushrooms, Cheddar cheese, fresh herbs and red quinoa pack this vegetarian burger full of delicious flavor. It’s one of the new tasty quinoa recipes I liked from the last issue of EatingWell Magazine, so I was happy when my husband surprised me by saying, “Let’s make these quinoa veggie burgers.” (He’s mostly a don’t-fence-me-in creator in the kitchen, but he was so inspired by that delicious-looking photo that he was willing to follow a recipe for a change.)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)