Unbelievable richness and depth of flavor from a recipe with relatively few ingredients and SIMPLE preparation. Would be proud to serve this to dinner guests. I have to 'fess up--I used white button mushrooms instead of cremini and dried shiitakes from the Asian food aisle instead of fresh. Rehydrate the shiitakes according to package directions and save the soaking liquid to cook the noodles or rice.
Thanks to the first reviewer for mentioning the crock pot. I was wondering if that would work.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)