Fantastic dish! Risotta is always labor intensive, but this is one version that is definitely worth the effort. Meaty, flavorful and very filling. Really, really good! It looks beautiful too. Great dish for dinner parties too.
One tip: while cooking this I thought it wasn't seasoned enough. I almost added salt, but thankfully I didn't. I hadn't taken the broth I was adding into consideration. Never did need to add salt. Also, be careful not to have the flame up too high, otherwise the barley won't absorb as much liquid.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)