Get rid of the Hamburger Helper!
We like Hamburger Helper but don't like the additional sodium and other junk it has in it. So this was a good way to prepare a healthy dish...doubly easy if you have a food processor. We don't love to see mushrooms in our food so I processed them to a pulp. Same thing for the other veggies if you want it to be more like Hamburger Helper. Agree with other reviewers to lessen or omit the thyme since it comes across quite strong.
Also make sure to drain the ground beef after browning before adding other ingredients; especially if it's less than 90% lean like I used. I made half the recipe only to make the other half the next night because it was really good. It's nice to know you're getting your veggies in a one-dish meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)