Wonderful flavor and delicious crab cakes, easy!
This is a great simple recipe that is big on flavor and low on fat! So much better than fried crab cakes, the flavor really shines. We made these with 1 pound fresh Dungeness Crab meat, claw and body. The flavor of the other ingredients does not overpower the crab. I did add a stalk of celery chopped for a little crunch. I think I would quick saute the red pepper first next time to smooth the flavor. I also used a dash of Cayenne instead of hot sauce to avoid the vinegar flavor of most hot sauces, though... sriracha would be good! We made these cakes on mothers day for my My mother, father and sister in law, they were stunned at how wonderful this recipe is and we had no leftovers. I will be picking up another pound of crab and doing this one again this weekend!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)