"Best pizza so far!"
I introduced my guy to home made pizza when we started dating, using eatingwell's whole wheat pizza dough recipe. Now the only pizzas he likes are the ones we make. I made this last night and he said "This is the best pizza you've ever made!" :)
I used an oven at 500F and pizza stone, baking the crust for 4 minutes and flipping it, baking it for an additional minute before putting the toppings on (I only used 1/2 lb of the pizza dough to make a thin crust). I sprinkled dried cilantro on the bbq sauce, spread on the toppings (1 chopped tomato, 1/2c each corn and black beans), then sprinkled the cheese on top (I used about 1/3c mix of shredded mozzarella and smoked Gouda per pie because neither of us like a lot of cheese). I baked it for about 8 minutes then put the pizza directly on the oven rack for 2 minutes to get the bottom more crisp. It was amazing! I'm getting hungry again from thinking about it!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)