Employment Opportunity: Health and Wellness Business Development Manager
Meredith Content Licensing is seeking a hands-on, results-oriented salesperson to join our healthcare- and wellness-focused content licensing team. The business development manager will be responsible for execution of the entire sales cycle, including strategic prospecting and lead generation, pitch deck and proposal development, contracting and ongoing client relationship management. He/she will develop a strategic approach for new business development in coordination with the director of health and wellness business development.
Meredith Content Licensing is a small, dynamic, highly collaborative and creative team located at EatingWell’s headquarters in Shelburne, VT. We work with clients to create customized, licensed content solutions powered by the brands of Meredith Corporation, including EatingWell, Allrecipes.com, Fitness, Parents, Better Homes and Gardens, Diabetic Living, Family Circle, and many other trusted and familiar brands.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with experience in the healthcare and/or wellness industry. Candidates must be capable of developing concepts for strategic multiplatform solutions that satisfy the marketing, communication or health goals of our clients. You will work closely with our content experts, editors, nutrition and behavior-modification experts and digital-engagement gurus–but you will be the strategic quarterback for each sales pitch.
Your clients will be pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, corporate wellness providers, health-focused tech companies, and other entities looking for content (articles, tips, recipes, meal plans, fitness plans, etc.) or tech solutions to power their health-focused businesses or marketing campaigns (e.g. wellness programs, patient support programs, public health campaigns, health apps, etc.).
This position will be located in our Shelburne, VT, office. Occasional travel will be required.
- • Proactively source, develop and close new business by prospecting clients and agencies.
- • Proactively prepare for each sales call by researching the client and their marketing or business objectives, and shaping a licensed content solution designed to support the client’s marketing, communication or business objectives.
- • Develop strategic and professional-looking presentations and proposals.
- • Lead in-person and WebEx-based client meetings.
- • Effectively represent and communicate the benefits and USP of the brands, content and services provided by Meredith Content Licensing.
- • Work with the client and/or client’s procurement team to complete the licensing contract. Experience working with contracts is not necessary (we will train the right candidate), but an aptitude to learn, the capacity to think critically and a keen attention to detail are necessary.
- • Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in a relevant health or marketing field is desirable (e.g. MS in nutrition, RD, RN, certified trainer, MBA).
- • 5+ years sales or agency experience in the health and/or wellness industry–knowledge of the pharmaceutical, insurance and/or employee wellness industries is a plus. Extensive knowledge or experience in relevant fields may take the place of sales experience for the right candidate.
- • Strong negotiation and business-development skills.
- • Ability to lead in-person meetings effectively and with confidence.
- • Working knowledge of digital development and/or publishing is a plus.
- • A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- • Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- • Strong interpersonal, analytic and organizational skills.
- • Creative and eager to brainstorm and collaborate.
- • Strong MS Office skills, especially PowerPoint. Photoshop skills are a plus.
About Us: Nationally known, EatingWell Magazine is located in Shelburne, Vermont, about 15 minutes south of Burlington. Part of Meredith Corporation (the publisher and owner of Better Homes & Gardens, Fitness, Everyday with Rachael Ray, AllRecipes.com and many other print and digital titles), we have a lively staff and we are happily pressed into service in the EatingWell Test Kitchen tasting new recipes. We work hard, are passionate about health and wellness and also have fun.
Employment Status: Full-Time
% Travel Required: 10-20%
Relocation Reimbursement: No
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Renee.Lauber@eatingwell.com
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)