Employment Opportunity: Front-End Web Developer
EatingWell.com and Meredith Content Licensing are seeking a Front-End Web Developer to join us in the creation of web applications and interfaces. The Front-End Web Developer would collaborate with our small, motivated team to expand our online product offerings, cross-platform & multi-screen capabilities, and high-scale web applications.
- Collaborate with product owners and development team to design and build products and applications
- Prototype and build new features and iterate on existing features
- Build efficient and reusable components and systems
- Identify and address performance issues
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Focus on customer experience
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years web development experience
- Expertise with HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience with APIs, XML & JSON
- Experience with unit testing, debugging and benchmarking
- Experience with source control management, preferably Git
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, self manage, and work on multiple projects simultaneously
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with development workflows
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with JIRA or other similar tools
- Experience with Play! Framework
- Experience with Scala
About Us: Nationally known, EatingWell is located in Shelburne, Vermont, about 15 minutes south of Burlington. We work in a happy and collaborative environment, which includes wonderful lunches and tastings with the Test Kitchen. Part of Meredith Corporation (owner of Better Homes and Gardens, Allrecipes.com and many other print and digital titles), we are committed to the mission of providing the inspiration and information people need to make healthy eating a way of life.
Please email resumes to email@example.com.