EatingWell is looking for a new Creative Director to define the look and feel of the brand through EatingWell Magazine, EatingWell.com, EatingWell books and custom publications. This full time position will be based in our beautiful new offices in lovely Shelburne, Vermont.
The Creative Director must be a visionary thinker who can help translate EatingWell's focus on food, health and "origins" into compelling print and digital formats. Must be able to create compelling visuals that inspire readers to cook the recipes in the issue and inspire them to live "the EatingWell" life. Must have a clear and clean typography to navigate science-based nutrition articles and engaging graphics that differentiate this magazine and brand from all others.
The ideal candidate will be nimble, able to work on multiple projects at once and prepared to work collaboratively with a small, passionate and fast-paced team.
The Creative Director will manage freelancers while meeting deadlines and managing budgets. This role will report to and work closely with the editorial director, the deputy food editor and others.
Essential Job Functions:
• 30% - Design typography and layouts for EatingWell Magazine
• 30% - Hiring photographers, stylists and illustrators . Directing photo, shoots , styling and props; illustrations
• 25% - Manage design and production of custom publishing and licensing projects and digital products, working with freelancers. Oversee all design and brand imagery across all platforms
• 10% - Participate in planning and creation of story concepts, brand initiatives
• 5% - Manage budget for all art-related costs
Job Requirements: All must be met to be considered.
Education: College Degree
• 5+ years as a magazine art director
• Experience assigning and editing photography and illustration
• Experience overseeing food photo shoots and working with stylists
• Some digital experience (web site, apps, digital editions), video experience a plus
• An excellent portfolio across multiple platforms
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be passionate about food and health.
Employment Status: Full Time
Please send a link to your portfolio and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org