The Assistant Art Director assists the Creative Director in the production of the magazine, custom publishing and all other branded projects.
Essential Job Functions:
• 20%—Assists Creative Director with the design, art and production of EatingWell Magazine
• 35%—Manages issue flow with prepress, including tracking of photography as it travels through color correction to print
• 45%—Assists with design of other branded products and custom publishing projects including custom magazines, such as Eat Healthy Your Way, recipe cards, Web pages and more.
Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Five years in area of graphic design, preferably publication design.
Experience with digital and Web design a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Expert InDesign skills.
• Excellent typographic and graphic design skills, superlative production design skills with great attention to detail.
• Must thrive in a changing environment and have the ability to move from project to project seamlessly, efficiently and in an organized manner.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• An understanding of magazine production and editorial direction processes is essential.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• An enthusiastic, "roll up your sleeves to get the work done" attitude.
Resume and samples (pdf format) to email@example.com.