Employment Opportunity: Art Director/Designer
Are you an enthusiastic, energetic and mind-blowing designer who has a passion for food and a relentless creative drive?
EatingWell magazine and EatingWell.com (named to Advertising Age's 2013 Magazine A-List) is looking for an experienced art director/designer who is well versed in web and print design. You will be creating graphics and videos for social media, designing books and brochures, art directing feature story photo shoots and working with an incredible team of very talented people. You will be working across different departments often, so good communication and organization skills are necessary. We are a small staff looking for self-starters who are resourceful, confident and able to manage multiple projects well.
Reports to: Creative Director
Location: EatingWell, Shelburne, VT
Posted: April 4, 2014
1. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
To art direct, design and produce pages for EatingWell magazine and eatingwell.com (social media, et al.). Handle and understand all job phases from interpretation of assignment to art planning to photography direction to ordering art and preparing the layout files for pre-press and press production. All work must meet internal as well as external pre-press schedules.
II. Essential Job Functions (% of time)
50%: Art direct, design and produce layouts for EatingWell magazine and eatingwell.com. Conceptualize and design feature stories. Direct photo shoots. Design type and headlines.
40%: Produce social media graphics, custom publications, brochures, PDFs and meal plans. Maintain all production deadlines. Adjust all page proofs as needed. Be aware of all design standards and templates. Maintain the high quality of the EatingWell brand.
10%: Design/illustrate/produce information graphics as required.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: 4-7 years professional design experience. Magazine experience a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent design, organization, time management and communication skills a must.
• Must have experience working collaboratively in creative teams.
• Exceptional photography art direction and styling skills.
• Understanding of design standards for online content is required.
• Must be a power-user in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must be deadline-oriented.
• ACML and CCS knowledge is a definite plus.
% Travel Required (Approximate): <10%
IV. Core Values | Attributes expected for job success.
• Planning & Organizing
• Results Driven
Please send a cover letter, samples of your work and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please. EatingWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)