How hard apple cider is making its comeback.
4 Hard Ciders to Try
We sampled 10 hard ciders that are available in at least 20 states. Here are our four favorites—look for them at stores with a good selection of microbrews. Hard ciders have a similar calorie range to beer. Most hard ciders are gluten-free, making it a great alternative for those with celiac disease, but some aren’t, so be sure to check the label for “gluten-free.”
Ace Joker Hard Cider
6.9% ABV* | 135 calories** | GF***
Light and slightly dry, with a nice balance of tart and sweet.
Crispin Natural Hard Apple Cider Original
5% ABV | 170 calories | GF
Three words: Apple Jolly Rancher.
Hornsby’s Hard Cider Amber Draft
6% ABV | 170 calories
Smells like a Golden Delicious apple with a mellow sweetness.
Woodpecker Premium Cider
4.2% ABV | 150 calories
Reminded several of the tasters of an apple-flavored sparkling wine.
*Alcohol by volume
**Per 12-ounce serving
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)