Exploring Michigan Cherry Farms: New Cherry Recipes for Sweet and Sour Cherries
Cherry Pie and more delicious sweet and savory recipes for cherries.
"While this is a very nice article, you have misinformed your readers about sweet cherry season in Washington State. Cherry season in Washington & Oregon usually does not start till early June & runs through most of August. The...
I was in Leelanau County, Michigan, visiting my aunt and uncle a few summers ago, when one afternoon I went “grocery shopping” with my aunt. We drove along, winding up and down hills covered in orchards and grapevines to tiny farmstands and farm markets piled with the best fruits and vegetables the area had to offer. At one market, we were lucky enough to nab some sweet cherries from Bardenhagen Farms. I took one taste and realized how perfect cherries are meant to taste—they had a balance of sweet and tart and were so firm and fresh they snapped when I bit into them. We took them back to my Aunt Penny’s and made cherry pie with a flaky crust, which we ate while it was still a little warm.
Pictured Recipe: Honey-Sweetened Cherry Pie
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)