Greener Kitchen Tools Made with Recycled Materials
Colorful 100 percent recycled products for everyday use.
We’re fans of the new line of everyday kitchen tools from Preserve Kitchen by Recycline. These practical items—colanders, food-storage containers and cutting boards—also have an environmental purpose. They’re made with 100 percent recycled materials (both plastic and paper), are BPA- and phthalate-free and can be recycled when their useful life is over. Even better, Recycline partnered with product designers Evo Design to make sure that items look great and help the designing process meet environmental standards.
Manufactured in the U.S. to minimize shipping, and designed with nature in mind, the red colander is strikingly similar to a strawberry and the storage containers sure do remind us of a tart green apple. Preserve Kitchen products can be found at Whole Foods Market or online at recycline.com; they range in price from $2.79 for a small storage container to $24.99 for a large cutting board.
Editor's Note (4/29/10): This article was updated to reflect current pricing and product information that Recycline's Preserve Plastics are BPA- and phthalate-free.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)