EatingWell Taste Test: The Great Whole-Wheat Pasta Challenge
Tasting whole-wheat spaghettis.
"The Great Value Whole Wheat Linguine from WalMart has a mild taste and decent texture that's not too mushy nor too "hard." I tried it out one day because I was being a cheapo (it's like a dollar) but ended up liking it ... Great Value...
Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat, Whole Grain Spaghetti ($2.29/pound): From one of America’s older grain mills, this pasta was appreciated for its flavor but not its texture. Emma Ruopp: “Chewy but the flavor was really good.” Kjelleren: “Texture was its worst trait.” Bove: “Nice wheat flavor.”
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)