Automatic Ice Cream Maker
These new models do the work for you, and the results are worth every penny.
"We love our Cuisinart Ice cream maker. In fact we just used it yesterday and my Dad said if he had one he would have homemade ice cream every night because the machine makes it so easy. "
Admittedly, an ice cream maker is another kitchen appliance that will crowd limited cabinet space, but in our opinion, it’s worth it. When it’s time for a special treat, it’s hard to beat homemade ice cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet. With automatic ice cream makers like the one pictured here, from Cuisinart ($49.95), there is no need to add salt and ice—just fill the frozen bowl with your favorite creamy mixture, turn on the motor and in about 30 minutes, you’ll have a custom-made frozen treat ready to enjoy. It’s worth noting that models like these tend to be a little noisy when in use and only make about 1 1/2 quarts of ice cream at a time—perfect for exercising portion control. Plus, the freezing bowl needs to be completely frozen before preparing a recipe. It’s a good idea to make room in the freezer for storing the bowl so it’s always ready to use. Find this model and others at amazon.com.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)