5 Ways to Sneak Veggies into Family Meals
Try these sneaky tips and kid-friendly recipes to get your family to eat more vegetables.
"I hate vegetables!!!! But I am trying to change that slowly. After seeing this article I just made some spaghetti and meat sauce with fresh pumpkin. I diced the pumpkin with the skin on and boiled it till it was soft. When I put the Ragu...
5. Already hiding steamed broccoli or cauliflower under cheese sauce?
There’s nothing wrong with that if that’s what it takes to get your children to eat their veggies. Just be sure you’re making a healthy cheese sauce—traditional cheese sauces are made with lots of butter and cream. This lightened version uses flour to thicken low-fat milk and a small amount of full-flavored sharp Cheddar.
Try this: Light Cheese Sauce
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)