5 Ways to Sneak Veggies into Family Meals
Try these sneaky tips and kid-friendly recipes to get your family to eat more vegetables.
"I hate vegetables!!!! But I am trying to change that slowly. After seeing this article I just made some spaghetti and meat sauce with fresh pumpkin. I diced the pumpkin with the skin on and boiled it till it was soft. When I put the Ragu...
3. When you’re making sloppy joes or meat-based spaghetti sauce:
Reduce the amount of ground beef and add some finely chopped mushrooms to the mix. The meaty texture of mushrooms is similar to the ground beef, and they absorb the rich flavors of the sauce.
Try this: EatingWell Sloppy Joes
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)