Essential Turkey Tips
The Test Kitchen has cooked many a turkey through the years. Here are 12 turkey cooking tips for the turkey chef in your home.
11. Feeling lethargic? Don’t blame tryptophan, an amino acid found in turkey. Other amino acids in the food block tryptophan’s absorption into the brain before it can make serotonin, which in turn would make you feel sleepy.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)