Healthy Raspberry Recipes
- Barbecued Raspberry-Hoisin Chicken
- Frozen Raspberry Pie
- Lemon-Raspberry Muffins
- Peach-Raspberry Crumble
- Raspberry-Almond Crumb Tart
- Raspberry, Avocado & Mango Salad
- Raspberry Bars
- Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
- Raspberry-Glazed Pork Chops with Pickled Onions
- Raspberry Spoonbread
- Healthy Berry Recipes and Tips
What you get
Raspberries are a great source of fiber—some of it soluble in the form of pectin, which helps lower cholesterol—and an excellent source of vitamin C. The gorgeous red color is from anthocyanins, an antioxidant.
- Shopping Tips
- Choose juicy-looking, brightly colored fruit, as raspberries do not continue to ripen once picked.
- If the hulls are still attached, don’t buy the berries—they were picked too early and will be sour.
- As with all berries, check raspberries for signs of mold or spoilage.
- Storage Tips
- Fresh raspberries are fragile and highly perishable. Store them in the refrigerator and use within 2 days.
- To wash raspberries, gently spray with a fine mist just before using—the weight of water pouring from a faucet may crush them.