Healthy Orange Recipes
- Chicken with Honey-Orange Sauce
- Cream of Wheat with Oranges
- Roasted Halibut with Banana-Orange Relish
- Romaine, Red Onion & Orange Salad
- Spice-Crusted Salmon with Lime-Orange Salsa
- Spiced Orange Compote
- Spinach & Citrus Salad
- Strawberry-Orange Compote with Cardamom Syrup
- Warm Salad with Chicken Paillards & Chèvre
- Shopping Tip
- Look for richly colored oranges with smooth, firm skin free of blemishes and scars that can indicate improper handling during transportation or insect damage. A little bit of green is OK, and does not necessarily indicate an immature fruit. Choose fruits that yield only slightly to firm hand pressure and feel heavy for their size, a good indicator of the potential juiciness that lies within.
- Storage Tip
- In general, oranges can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. It is important to prevent oranges from freezing—the juice will turn to ice crystals and burst the thin membranes, with mushy, unpleasant results.