Healthy Green Bean Recipes
- Asian Green Bean Stir-Fry
- Creamy Green Beans
- Crispy Potatoes with Green Beans & Eggs
- Garlicky Green Beans
- Green Beans with Bacon & Hazelnuts
- Lamb Chops with Lebanese Green Beans
- Orange-Scented Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
- Paprika Shrimp & Green Bean Saute
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Tagliatelle with Green Beans & Tomatoes
- Healthy Summer Recipes and Menus
What you get
Green beans are a tasty low-calorie vegetable with fiber and a wide array of nutrients, such as vitamins A and C. A 1/2-cup serving of green beans provides some calcium, potassium and folate.
- Shopping Tips
- When buying fresh green beans, look for brightly colored beans that appear fresh, are tender but firm, and snap easily when bent.
- Haricots verts is simply French for “green beans.” However, the term is often used for the very slender beans, also called French beans (not to be confused with frozen French-cut green beans), found in the produce section of many large supermarkets.
- Storage Tip
- Refrigerate in a plastic bag for 3 to 5 days.