Healthy Cheese Recipes
- Bean Bolognese
- Broccoli & Goat Cheese Souffle
- Caprese Salad
- Cheddar Cornmeal Biscuits with Chives
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Polenta & Egg Casserole
- Garden Pizza
- Parmesan Spinach Cakes
- Roasted Eggplant & Feta Dip
- Shrimp & Cheddar Grits
What you get
Although relatively high in calories and saturated fat, cheese is rich in calcium and provides some protein and phosphorus.
- Shopping Tip
- Reduced-fat doesn’t necessarily mean reduced-taste. Experiment with reduced-fat varieties of your favorite cheeses to find your favorites.
- Cooking Tips
- If you want to reduce the amount of cheese in baked dishes to cut down on fat, skip the cheese in fillings and instead use it just as a topping. This will give the biggest flavor impact.
- Use a combination of reduced-fat cream cheese and pureed nonfat cottage cheese instead of sour cream to reduce calories and saturated fat in dips.
- Skip full-fat ricotta cheese; using part-skim ricotta in recipes like calzones or lasagna saves about 50 calories and 6 grams of fat for every 1/2 cup. And it's every bit as rich and creamy.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)