Healthy Cabbage Recipes
- Download a FREE Healthy Cabbage Recipe Cookbook!
- Alpine Mushroom Pasta
- Beef & Cabbage Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
- Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wrap
- Hot & Sour Slaw
- Mediterranean Couscous Cabbage Rolls
- Mexican Coleslaw
- Red Potato Colcannon
- Roasted Savoy Cabbage with Black Bean-Garlic Sauce
- Sweet & Sour Beef-Cabbage Soup
- Tuscan Cabbage & Mushrooms
- Warm Red Cabbage Salad
What you get
Cabbage is rich in vitamin C and fiber, cabbage also supplies isothiocyanates—chemicals that amp up the body’s natural detoxification systems. Studies suggest that cabbage may help fight breast, lung, colon and other types of cancer.
- Shopping Tip
- Choose the right cabbage for the recipe. Hard white (a.k.a. green) cabbage and red cabbage are delicious raw in coleslaw or cooked in soups, stews and sautés. Mildly flavored, delicate napa (Chinese) cabbage, with ruffled leaves and white ribs, is widely used in Asian cooking. Try it shredded in salads, quick-cooked in stir-fries or slow-cooked in soups or stews. Savoy cabbage is a loosely packed, wrinkled cousin of common green cabbage. It’s our favorite choice for cabbage rolls and is sturdy enough for roasting.
- Storage Tip
- Refrigerate cabbage for up to 1 week.