Chicken Buyer’s Guide
How to buy the healthiest chicken at the grocery store.
In an impressive statistic, reports say that the average American buys 85 pounds of chicken a year . And with good reason: chicken is a good source of protein and low in fat and calories, particularly sans skin and unbreaded. But simple succulence, economy and sheer versatility are the fundamental reasons why chicken is so well loved. Here are some guidelines for choosing the healthiest chicken at the supermarket.
Next: Shopping Tips »
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)