How to Cook with Lentils
Tips for cooking lentils and lentil recipes.
What Are Lentils?
Italians eat lentils to bring good fortune, linking their round shape with gold coins. No wonder: at 20¢ per 1⁄2-cup cooked serving (of brown lentils), these peppery little legumes practically put money in your pocket. (Brown are the most widely available, but you may also find French green “Le Puy,” orange or black.) A serving contains over 9 grams of protein and a jaw-dropping 8 grams of dietary fiber, making them a boon to heart health as well. Plus, they taste great.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)