What Is Kale?
"The Vogue Veggie," September/October 2011
Kale recipes, ideas for cooking with kale and kale health benefits.
"That sounds good ill try that instead of lettuce "
Lately, green bumper stickers have been popping up all over, proclaiming “Eat More Kale.” We were inclined to write them off as just another quirk of our hippie home state of Vermont, but then we chatted with their creator, the ponytailed and mustachioed designer Bo Muller-Moore. He accidentally created the trend when some friends asked him to whip up a few T-shirts for a local farmers’ market. Demand snowballed, and soon he was working full-time to fill orders from South Africa, Iraq and even Siberia. It turns out that kale is having a moment, with A-listers like Gwyneth Paltrow, Christina Hendricks and Alex Rodriguez all recently touting the vogue veggie.
Next: How to Cook With Kale »
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)