What Is a Watermelon Radish?
"Radishing Beauty," May/June 2012
Learn how to store watermelon radishes and get healthy recipes for watermelon radishes.
The sweet, crisp, refreshing watermelon radish adds a splash of color to summer salads. Opt for very firm ones with a vibrant sheen to their skin.
Prep: Store up to 5 days in the crisper. To use, wash and trim. Watermelon radishes are excellent sliced thin as a base for canapés or cut into matchsticks in a salad.
Try them in our kimchi-inspired slaw in our Korean-Spiced Pork Chops & Slaw recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)