Tips for How to Make Coffee Perfectly
9 rules to make a perfect, bitter-free cup of coffee.
"Rule #10 Keeping Your Equipement Clean If you use a burr grinder it also needs maintenace. Onca a week grind on coarsest settin 1/2 cup of intant rice. It absorbs pushes through all the left coffee in grinder which also go rancid and...
Healthy Coffee Recipes and More Information on Coffee
Easy Coffee Recipes
The Health Benefits and Cons of Coffee
How to Store Coffee & How to Brew Coffee: Myths About Making Coffee Answered
The Best and Worst Iced Coffee Drinks & Frozen Coffee Drinks
Healthy Coffee Recipes
Single-Cup Reusable Coffee Makers
Rule 8: Beware the heat.
Water that is too hot will extract compounds in the coffee that are bitter rather than pleasant. The proper brewing temperature is 200°F, or about 45 seconds off a full boil. (Most good coffeemakers regulate this automatically.) Once brewed, don’t expect coffee to hold its best flavors for long. Reheating, boiling or prolonged holding on a warming platform will turn even the best coffee bitter and foul-tasting.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)