Ripe Now: Cara Cara Oranges
Look for these bursts of citrus sunshine in specialty markets
The Cara Cara orange is a variety of navel orange from Venezula. The very juicy pink flesh has few, if any, seeds and a slight cherry flavor. Peel and eat alone or add some segments to a salad. In addition to being good sources of vitamin C and fiber, its pink flesh indicates the presence of lycopene.
Pick up these beauties through the end of March.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)