Understanding coffee labels such as organic, free-trade, shade grown and single origin.
"I'm sure we all have our favorites but after spending time traveling through much of the world please make my cup of coffee Costa Rican. Shade grown Arabica from Costa Rica mixed with 100% Columbian provides the smoothest most flavorful...
Also known to connoisseurs as “specialty coffees,” these beans (e.g., Sumatra Mandheling, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Hawaiian Kona) often have wonderfully distinctive flavor characteristics. If not yet certified as “Fair Trade,” many nonetheless are sustainably produced without chemicals by farmers who are rewarded for producing superior beans.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)