Understanding coffee labels such as organic, free-trade, shade grown and single origin.
"I'm sure we all have our favorites but after spending time traveling through much of the world please make my cup of coffee Costa Rican. Shade grown Arabica from Costa Rica mixed with 100% Columbian provides the smoothest most flavorful...
Also known to connoisseurs as “specialty coffees,” these beans (e.g., Sumatra Mandheling, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Hawaiian Kona) often have wonderfully distinctive flavor characteristics. If not yet certified as “Fair Trade,” many nonetheless are sustainably produced without chemicals by farmers who are rewarded for producing superior beans.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)