Understanding coffee labels such as organic, free-trade, shade grown and single origin.
"I'm sure we all have our favorites but after spending time traveling through much of the world please make my cup of coffee Costa Rican. Shade grown Arabica from Costa Rica mixed with 100% Columbian provides the smoothest most flavorful...
For lovers of great coffee, it may be the best of times—with an unprecedented availability of good and even great brews and beans everywhere, from local roasteries to espresso bars and even upwardly mobile gas stations.
Sadly, it is also the worst of times for traditional coffee farmers throughout the Tropics, who must compete with a glut of cheap, low-quality beans from new, industrial-scale plantations in Vietnam and Brazil.
Conscientious consumers, and anyone seeking classic, full-flavored coffee, will want to look for these labels:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)