How to Shop for GE-Free Food
3 tips for finding food that isn't genetically engineered.
"I'm surprised that you don't mention the PLU codes on fresh produce. 4 digits means its conventionally grown; a 9 in front of the 4-digit code means its organically grown; an 8 in front of the 4-digit code means GE. http://www.plucodes....
One of the biggest quandaries for consumers today is that there is no labeling requirement for genetically engineered food. There are, increasingly, though, ways to identify foods that don’t contain GE ingredients. If you are concerned about consuming genetically engineered foods, look for these GE-free labels.Next: USDA Certified Organic Seal »
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)