Expert tips on how to brew a sustainable cup of joe.
"I also have 5 cup coffee maker with a reusable filter. Nothing to throw out, except the used grounds which now add to my backyard garden! I make coffee for me mainly so only brew as little as I need! "
Recycle Your Grounds
Recycle your grounds. Compost nitrogen-rich coffee grounds or use them in your garden: mix directly into the soil for an acidic boost, sprinkle on the surface to make a slug and ant barrier or steep grounds in water for a couple hours to make a nourishing brew for watering plants.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)