Fast Food: The Real Cost of a Hamburger
The hidden price of America’s love of fast-food.
"The real cost of a biased, poorly written article..................more mis-information gets spread. "
A McDonald’s Big Mac costs about $3.50, but Raj Patel, author of the newly released The Value of Nothing (Macmillan, 2010), says society pays a much higher price. Tolls on the environment, on taxpayers and on public health give the burger a price tag that’s way out of our budget.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)