Eat to beat global warming with these delicious climate-friendly recipes.
Want your diet to have a lower carbon footprint? Here’s a days worth of recipe ideas featuring low-carbon ingredients to inspire you. (We used the low-carbon diet calculator at www.eatlowcarbon.org as a guide. Check out their FAQ’s for great tips on eating a low-carbon diet.)
Try Buttermilk-Oatmeal Pancakes. Whole-wheat buttermilk pancakes are a low-carbon breakfast, and this recipe provides nearly a quarter of your daily calcium needs. Keep this meal low carbon by skipping the maple syrup.
Pair Multi-Bean Chili with a Basic Green Salad with Vinaigrette. Use beans from a store that sells them in bulk to keep from having to buy canned beans and using fresh, seasonal local vegetables, when possible.
Bake up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Snack on Roasted Garlic Hummus and raw seasonal veggies.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)