Feel good about this luxury food
If the recent ban on Caspian Sea Beluga caviar, due to pollution and overfishing, dampened your holiday spirits, take heart.
Sustainable and sensual alternatives are available closer to home. Sterling Caviar, from white sturgeon farmed in northern California, is an admirable stand-in for its Russian and Iranian cousins. Along with other American caviars, including paddlefish, salmon and trout, it gets a green light from environmentalists—and a thumbs-up from our staff kitchen.
Contact www.sterlingcaviar.com or 800-525-0333.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)